Primary and KG
School details as
required by CBSE
The School originally began as a Ladies' Club
- hence the name Mylapore Ladies Club (MLC) School Society,
and first started as a kindergarten for the boys of the area.
This was in February 1956.
The first president of the
society was Sister
Subbalakshmi , supported by Shri Subbaraya
Aiyar, a leading lawyer
time, and Mrs. Padmini
Chari, Educationist. Thus the school was
born on the 3rd February 1956, through the efforts of the
three, and Vidya Mandir Matriculation School was formally
opened in 1960.
The MLC School Society was
registered in 1957, and the properties of the club were
transferred to it. Sister R. S. Subbalakshmi and Mrs V K T
Chari, were Founder President and Correspondent respectively,
Shri. M Subbaraya Aiyar became the secretary of the school.
For more history Click Here.
A school with the best practices,
learning and evolving, while retaining Indian ethics, customs
To send out into the world children
who are confident and capable of realising their potential as
they grow, learn and evolve into worthy citizens.
Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School
Royapettah High Road,
Mylapore, Chennai 600 004
Ph: +91 44 24981078 /